Welcome to the October 2022 issue of Travel Research Monthly!
Please share with your friends and travel colleagues on your internal forums and social media!
The people of Epirus envision a path forward through sustainable tourism.
Passion for a way of life not easily recreated once lost leads to a determination to preserve the old ways.
The witch trail is a timely addition to Scotland’s popular tourism trails.
Scotland does a great job of offering tourism trails for every interest and the new witch trail is no exception.
Travel light to the extreme. Lessons provided.
I can only hope to learn how to travel lighter but after lugging my suitcase around on my last trip I am more motivated than ever!
Travel Research Monthly
Africa & The Middle East
- The newly listed World Heritage site, Old Town Lamu, immerses travelers in Swahili culture.
Author: Julie Miller
- The Asaro tribes love of masks is not a Halloween ritual.
Author: Oghenerume Progress
- Khunjerab Pass offers spectacular views and the world’s highest ATM.
Author: Aysha Imtiaz
Source: BBC Travel
Australia & New Zealand
- Prior permission required for the remote land of the aboriginal Yolngu people.
Author: Carolyne Jasinski
Source: Australian Geographic
- For the love of birds. New Zealand’s wildlife sanctuaries go the distance.
Author: Kate Hennessey
Source: The Guardian
- Environmentally conscious exploration of the Galapagos by purpose built luxury ship.
Author: Alan Oakley
- A native Trinidadian shares his love for his home.
Author: Patrice Grell Yursik
- What do Dracula and King Charles have in common? Both have an interest in Transylvania.
Author: Staff Author
Source: Travel + Leisure
- The people of Epirus envision a path forward through sustainable tourism.
Author: Alex King
- Mark your vacation in the Costa del Sol by purchasing a loaf of the world’s most expensive bread.
Author: Ryan Cashman
Source: Tasting Table
- Cheap train fares motivate exploration in Spain.
Author: Matt Charlton
Source: Condé Nast Traveller
Mexico & South America
- The very complicated existence of Guanajato’s popular mummies exhibit.
Author: Jennifer Barger
Source: National Geographic
- Descendants of the Selk’nam in Tierra Del Fuego fight to prove their existence.
Author: Heather Jasper
Source: Fodor’s Travel
- The witch trail is a timely addition to Scotland’s popular tourism trails.
Author: Mogens Johansen
Source: The West Australian
- The Faroe Islands prove that older travelers can be adventurous too.
Author: Francine Toder Ph.D.
Source: Psychology Today
- A walk, well planned in Victorian times, still delights.
Author: Vivienne Crow
Source: Countryfile Magazine
United States & Canada
- Philadelphia has no shortage of ghostly encounters.
Author: Amanda Brady
- Adventurers amaze with outside of the box trip ideas.
Author: Jeff Moag
Source: Adventure – Journal
- Travel light to the extreme. Lessons provided.
Author: Caroline Eubanks
Source: CNN Travel
- Witches and how cultures treat non-conformist women.
Author: CNT Editors
Source: Women Who Travel Podcast