Welcome to the September 2022 issue of Travel Research Monthly!
Please share with your friends and travel colleagues on your internal forums and social media!
The timeless beauty of Kinderdijk’s windmills tell a story of ingenuity and survival.
A look into the life of a Miller and the importance of their mission.
Everyone says “you can’t go back” but you can revisit and reconnect.
One man’s journey to reconnect to a formative time & place in his life.
Staying in an adult treehouse . All of the fun and none of the inconvenience.
One of my all time favorite stays in a treehouse is included in this article. Check out Chewton Glen!
Travel Research Monthly
Africa & The Middle East
- Great Zimbabwe’s origins are purely African.
Author: Zeb Larson
Source: BBC Travel
- This remaining sacred grove in Nigeria serves as a hallowed space for the Yoruba people.
Author: Sean Connolly
- Luxury glamping among the sand dunes.
Author: Barry Neild
Source: CNN Travel
Asia & India
- Taiwan is uniquely situated to play host to a number of migrating bird species.
Source: Taiwan Scene
- Travelers are beginning to wake up to the unique city of Dushanbe.
Source: Euro News
- Tasting tours, popular elsewhere, are gaining interest in India.
Author: Suman Quazi
Source: Mans World India
Australia & New Zealand
- Night hiking through a bioluminescent rainforest approaches the unreal.
Author: Jennifer Johnston
Source: Australian Geographic
- Appreciate the spirituality of these New Zealand sites.
Author: Lorna Thornber
- Learn more about the Maori through these cultural experiences.
Author: TT Bureau
Source: Today’s Traveller
- The timeless beauty of Kinderdijk’s windmills tell a story of ingenuity and survival.
Author: Aoife O’Riordan
Source: Global Traveler
- Rimini, Italy celebrates its ties to the great director, Federico Fellini.
Author: Julia Buckley
Source: National Geographic UK
- The medieval city of Orvieto is packed with culture, food, history, art and sweeping views.
Author: Catherine Ann Lombard
Source: Travel Awaits
- Cruising the Shannon River is a journey through history.
Author: Leon Ó Cathasaigh
United States & Canada
- Everyone says “you can’t go back” but you can revisit and reconnect.
Author: Doug Smith
Source: Los Angeles Times
- Kayak to what seems like the center of the earth.
Author: Dobrina Zhekova
Source: Travel + Leisure
- Growing up on Long Beach Island.
Author: Caitlin Raux Gunther
Source: Condé Nast Traveler
- Relive the past on indigenous led glacier tours.
Author: Jennifer Bain
Source: National Parks Traveler
- Staying in an adult treehouse. All of the fun and none of the inconvenience.
Author: Kathryn Romeyn
Source: Architectural Digest
- Sleeper train travel tips everyone should know.
Author: Monisha Rajesh
Source: Lonely Planet
- Hate tourists? Try these places.
Author: David Whitley