Welcome to the February 2022 issue of Travel Research Monthly!
Meet the young Drummies of South Africa.
Drum majorette teams are a popular sport in South Africa providing girls an opportunity to grow in confidence as they compete. This photographic exhibit allows the majorettes the opportunity to shine.
The Portuguese Riviera may not be as flashy as its French cousin but that’s what makes it so special.
When you think Riviera your mind instantly goes to France but think instead about visiting the Portuguese Riviera. The same dose of sun and beaches with a more relaxing vibe.
The world’s finest bookstores.
No matter where I travel and no matter whether or not I can speak the language, I can never pass up a bookstore. These bookstores from around the world be top of mind when planning my next trip.
Biking the lively streets of Delhi.
Navigating the streets of Delhi seems daunting in a car let alone a bike but somehow this video makes it look like a great time!
Please feel free to reach out to me by using the Contact Form on this page.
Travel Research Monthly
Africa & The Middle East
- Meet the young Drummies of South Africa. (Africa, South Africa)
Photographer: Alice Mann
Author: Miss Rosen
Source: Huck Magazine
- While a difficult place to travel, West Africa is a dusty gem. (Africa)
Author: Michael Henry
Source: Outpost Magazine
Asia & India
- Visitors to Thailand may be missing the best parts. (Asia, Thailand)
Author: Michael Cullen
Source: International Living
- Trincomalee is the crossroads of Sri Lanka. (Asia, Sri Lanka)
Author: Dishan Joseph
Source: Daily News Sri Lanka
- The Portuguese Riviera may not be as flashy as its French cousin but that’s what makes it so special. (Europe, Portugal)
Author: Melanie Haiken
Source: Marin Magazine
- The default travel experience in Paris points to couples in love but traveling solo gives one the chance to experience Paris on your own terms. (Europe)
Author: Trixie Pacis
Source: Passion Passport
- The Rio Grande provides the backdrop for a solo trip through Texas reminiscing about family while recognizing what makes Texas unique. (United States, Texas)
Author: Roberto José Andrade Franco
Source: Texas Highways
- A concise guide to being a Montrealer. (Canada)
Author: Matthew Hays
Source: Bold Magazine
- Night walking through the Gardens of Stone. (Australia)
Author: Dan Slater
Source: Australian Geographic
- Palau-a tropical paradise that sort of wants you to visit. (Micronesia, Palau)
Author: George Kipouros
Mexico, Central & South America, Caribbean
- The Caribbean Island of San Andres isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but pre-trip planning will make all the difference on arrival. (Caribbean)
Author: Christopher Muther
Source: Boston Globe
- Travel Argentina’s northwest for a completely different vibe from Buenos Aires. (South America, Argentina)
Author: IJfke Ridgeley
Source: Palm Luxury
- Explore the Australian Outback in style on The Ghan. (Rail, Australia)
Author: Samantha Coles
- The Caribbean doesn’t have a monopoly on Atlantic Islands. (Canada)
Author: Jake Emen
Source: Inside Hook
- The Woodward, Geneva’s newest luxury hotel, pays attention to every detail. (Travel Business, Switzerland)
Author: Mark Ellwood
Source: Robb Report
- Hotels change their post-pandemic F&B offerings. (Travel Business)
Author: Kostuch Media Ltd.
Source: Hotelier Magazine
Blogs, Podcasts & Videos
- The world’s finest bookstores. (Blog)
Source: Passport to Eden
- Exploring Thailand with those that love it intimately. (Podcast, Thailand)
Host: Holly Rubenstein
Source: The Travel Diaries
(Podcast – 48 minutes 20 seconds)
- Biking the lively streets of Delhi. (Video, India)
Source: Flying the Nest
(Video – 8 minutes 14 seconds)